Basic Asbestos Awareness
The Asbestos Awareness training course is designed for all employees whose work could possibly expose them to asbestos and anyone involved in either building refurbishment or demolition where their work will disturb the fabric of the building. This training is at the basic awareness level and is intended to advise employees of the dangers of asbestos, where it could be found in building materials and what to do in the case of accidental damage and possible exposure. This is a half day course and complies to the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006.
Below you can see what is covered in this course. Appoint us as one of your preferred agency suppliers and get this course for FREE.
- 1. Introduction to Asbestos
- 2. Understanding Asbestos
- 3. Risks and Health Hazards
- 4. Current Legislation & Guidance
- 5. Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos
- 6. Working Safely
- 7. Identifying suspect materials – personal responsibility for safety
- 8. Safe working in areas where there may be asbestos materials nearby (RPE/PPE)
- 9. Emergency Procedures
- 10.Accidental damage, general procedures