Abrasive Wheels Training
Training in the safe use and operation of abrasive wheels is a ½ day course and is suitable for supervisors and operators of abrasive wheel machines. No experience is necessary in order to join this course. Abrasive wheel training is designed to meet the requirements of PUWER 98 and the Health and Safety Executive publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”
Training is conducted either on customers premises or at any of over 50 centres nationwide and is purely a classroom based course, not specific to any particular grinding or cutting machine. Some practical training will be conducted using the customers machines where practicable, or by using our own equipment.
Appoint us as one of your preferred agency suppliers and get this course for FREE.
- The Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types of Abrasive Wheels
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels and the British Standard Marking System Speed
- Hazards and Precautions to be Taken
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Storage and Handling of Abrasive Wheels
- Inspection and Methods of Testing for Damage
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Dressing & Truing
- Specific Mounting Procedures