SMSTS – Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Site Safety Plus
SMSTS (site management safety training scheme) Training – is the CITB Site Safety Plus 5 day course suitable for all site management and supervisors. Day release and 5 day block courses are both available. We also provide 2 day refresher training for those previously qualified within the last 5 years.. Delegates will gain a base knowledge of how to correctly react and treat the various first aid situations that may occur in their place of work.
Any person within the building, construction and civil engineering industries, who has responsibility for any part of site management. For example: contract, project or site managers, foremen or site engineers, quantity surveyors, planners and those training to hold such positions.
This programme is designed to enable Managers to organise, monitor and measure both the health and safety performance on site and to establish and maintain safe systems and safe methods of work satisfying legislative requirements from information obtained during the course together with experience gainedBelow you can see what is covered in this course.
Appoint us as one of your preferred agency suppliers and get this course for FREE.
- Introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legislation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and ‘principles of prevention’
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Development of ’safe systems of work’ and permit systems
- Effective communicating
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Recognition of an organisation’s duties and responsibilities
- Recognition of responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives
- Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work)
- Planning for health and safety within the context of a project