Training in the use of work equipment is required by Health & Safety legislation and Work at Height regulations. Employers are obliged to provide this training for employees. The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), is the recognised worldwide as the organising body for the access industry. We offer a comprehensive range of MEWP courses specifically designed by IPAF for the industry.
Courses can be undertaken at a customer’s own premises or at one of our dedicated training centres across the country.The MEWP Operator ‘Type Specific’ course provides instruction on the preparation and safe operation of specific models of mobile elevated work platforms.
Certification Delegates successfully completing the course will receive an IPAF certificate and a PAL (Powered Access Licence) card. The maximum on each course is six delegates training on one machine category, and four delegates training on two categories.
Appoint us as one of your preferred agency suppliers and get this course for FREE.
- Introduction to MEWP
- Safe operation and limitations of use
- Identification of major components
- Checks prior to road travel
- Pre-use checks and inspections
- Site condition and route planning
- Travelling and manoeuvring
- Setting the machine for work
- Typical work applications
- Test – practical and verbal
- Course review and questionnaire